Dark Souls 3 is one of the richest role-playing video games because of how much it offers the player in terms of gameplay mechanics. Naturally, you can level up in many different ways and all of that contributes to your overall build and how powerful you progressively become.
However, there are limits to how much the game allows you to power yourself up and that’s what leads us to skill soft caps, which essentially mean that you cannot gain as many rewards for that skill after a certain point.
That’s not all because certain skill caps can actually be expanded after filling certain requirements, so like with anything else in the Dark Soul series, this too has a lot of depth that players have to figure out.
It can take a while to learn every aspect, so that’s why we’re here to help you understand every skill soft cap in Dark Souls 3 and save your precious time! Let’s get started.
What is a Soft Skill Cap in Dark Souls 3?
If you’re new to the game and unaware of what this exactly means for your character and build – don’t worry, we’ll get you up to speed with a short explanation.
In every role-playing game, you can usually only upgrade your character’s skills to a certain level because game developers can only add unique attributes to a specific point, as making them unlimited would either give you nothing new or just make you ridiculously overpowered.
Thus, to form the balance, every game has a soft skill capacity or a hard skill capacity that either makes the rewards for leveling up lower or stops you from leveling up anymore entirely.
Now that we have that out of the way, let’s talk about the main question.
Every Skill Soft Cap in Dark Souls 3
For all these attributes and skills, these are the soft skill caps that you can reach and what it will eventually reduce for you.
- Vigor – The soft skill cap for Vigor is 27 at first. You can then make it reach 39, and finally 50. Since it controls HP and Frost resistance, the effect of the soft cap reduces HP.
- Attunement – The soft skill cap for Attunement is 35 and since it controls FP and Attunement Slots, the effect of the soft cap is reduced FP.
- Endurance – The soft skill cap for Endurance is 40. Since it controls Stamina, Lightning, Defense, and Poison Resistance, the effect of the soft cap for it are reduced Defenses.
- Vitality – The soft skill cap for Vitality is 40. Since it controls Equip Load, Physical Defenses, and Poison Resistance, the effect of the soft cap reduces Defenses.
- Strength – The soft skill cap for strength is 40. Since it controls Weapon damage and Fire Defense, the effect of the soft cap is reduced Scaling.
- Dexterity – The soft skill cap for Dexterity is 40. Since it controls Weapon damage, Falling Damage, and Casting Speed, the effect of the soft cap is reduced Scaling.
- Intelligence – The soft skill cap for Intelligence is at first 30, but it can be upgraded to 40, and then finally 60. Since it controls Magic Defense and Spell damage, the effect of the soft cap is reduced Scaling.
- Faith – The soft skill cap for Faith is at first 30, and then it can be upgraded to 40, and finally 60. Since it controls Dark Defense and Spell damage, the effect of the soft cap is reduced Scaling.
- Luck – The soft skill cap for Luck is 40 and then it can be upgraded to a final level of 50. Since it controls Curse Resistances, Item Discovery, Poison, and Bleed, the effect of the soft cap is reduced Scaling.
Grab These Deals Before They're Gone 👋
- 27 inches Full HD (1920 x 1080) Curved Widescreen.
- G SYNC and Freesync Compatible.
- 144Hz Refresh Rate.
- Response Time: 4ms, Pixel Pitch: 0. 3114mm.
- Pacrate 7.1 USB Stereo Gaming Headset supports PC, laptops, Mac.
- Virtual Stereo Gaming headset.
- Adjustable microphone with noise-canceling techniques.
- 8-Core 10th Gen Intel Core i7-10875H processor.
- Performance up to 5.1GHz Max Turbo.
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super with Max-Q Design.
These are all of the skill soft caps in Dark Souls 3 and the maximum points they can be upgraded to. While mods might allow the player to increase these capacities to higher levels, the game in its original state stops here.
Don’t worry though, it takes a long time to reach these soft skill caps and by the time you do, it won’t matter all that much to you since you will be very powerful already. And lastly, there are so many different builds that you can try so you will be busy for a long time.
And that’s all for our guide on every skill soft cap in Dark Souls 3! We hope that you found it helpful and are already planning out your next move within the game.
We’re here to answer any questions that you might have and while you’re here, make sure to check out some of our other helpful Dark Souls articles too.