Demon’s Soul is an incredible remake of one of the greatest classics of the PlayStation 3 era of games. Even though it is built on the first-ever Souls game, it’s still an RPG with a lot of depth and includes tons of different stats that the player can increase based on their play style.
Just like other games in the series, you have to level up your character in order to gain points with which you can increase stats.
There are several Soft Caps that lower the number of boosts that you receive for leveling stats up, and then there is a max level cap after which you don’t receive any rewards at all.
So, what are Demon’s Souls soft cap and max level cap stats? Here’s all the information that you need to know!
What is a Soft Level Cap in Demon’s Souls?
If you’re not familiar with this genre, here’s a brief explanation of what soft skill caps are in video games. Every time you level up a stat, you gain advantages such as additional HP or mana.
However, soft caps are put in place by developers as a limit so that after a certain point, the reward that you gain is lowered. So, if you got 10HP before the soft cap, you might get only 7 afterwards.
⚡ Gaming Deals too Good to Pass On ⚡
- Top tier deal.
- Lowest price in 30 days.
- MUX Switch ready.
What is a Max Level Cap in Demon’s Souls?
Similar to soft level caps, the idea behind max level caps is to set a limit when players do not receive any advantages after reaching a certain number.
For example, if the last soft cap made your HP gain 3, it will become 0 after you have hit the max level cap.
Every Soft and Max Level Cap in Demon’s Souls
These are the soft and max level caps in Demon’s Souls for every attribute, stat, and skill. With this information, choosing what stats to focus on in your playthrough becomes easier.
- First Soft Cap: 30 — 1-3 Faith increase
- Second Soft Cap: 50 — 1-2 Faith increase
- Max Level Cap: 99 — 0-1 Faith increase until the hard cap is reached.
These stats are slightly different based on what Talisman you use. For example, Magic Adjust’s third Soft Cap is 40 instead of 51. As for the Miracle Memory slots, you get them at 10, 16, 24, and 36 Intelligence specifically.
- First and only Soft Cap: 49-51 — 1-2 Strength increase
- Max Level Cap: 99 — 0-1 Strength increase until the hard cap is reached.
These stats are slightly different based on whether you use D scaling weapons or S scaling weapons, but not by a lot. For example, the first Soft Cap for the S scale is 30 instead of 49.
- First Soft Cap: 50 — 1-2 Dexterity increase
- Max Level Cap: 99 — 0-1 Dexterity increases until the hard cap is reached.
Like Strength, scaling of weapons changes the stats a bit. A quick example is that with A scaling weapons, the first Dexterity soft cap is 30.
- First Soft Cap: 30 — 1-2 Magic increase
- Max Level Cap: 99 — 0-1 Magic increases until the hard cap is reached.
Like Faith, the stats can change based on your Catalyst. For example, Insanity Catalyst’s second soft cap is 50.
- First Soft Cap: 15 — 8-9 Intelligence increase
- Second Soft Cap: 40 — 3-8 Intelligence increase
- Third Soft Cap: 60 — 3-5 Intelligence increase
- Max Level Cap: 99 — – 2-3 Intelligence increases until the hard cap is reached.
You unlock Magic Memory Slots at 10, 14, 18, 24, 30, and 40 specifically.
- First and only Soft Cap: 40 — 1-3 Stamina increase
- Max Level Cap: 99 — 1 Endurance increase until the hard cap is reached.
- General Max Level Cap: 99 — 4 Luck increase until the hard cap is reached
- First Soft Cap for Blueblood Sword Damage: 30 — 2-3 Luck
- Max Level Cap for Blueblood Sword Damage: 99 — 1-2 Luck.
- First Soft Cap: 30 — 16-33 Vitality increase
- Second Soft Cap: 49 — 21-24 Vitality increase
- Max Level Cap: 99 — 8-11 Vitality increases until the hard cap is reached.
That’s every soft cap and max level cap in Demon’s Souls that you need to know about!
As you can see, all of them have a maximum cap of 99. And since you need to increase your Soul Level to gain points for stats, you have to hit Soul Level 712 to have all of your Attributes maxed out.
Of course, that is not necessary as this game is not about being a jack of all trades. Instead, your build will only focus on certain stats at a time and you don’t have to max everything out on an equal level.
One way or another, we hope that you found this guide useful. And while you’re here, make sure to check out our other helpful Souls guides too!