Stardew Valley is one of the best games to build a farm in, among many other things that it does beautifully well. It covers all the essentials of what makes a farm great and perhaps the best part is that you can expand it as big as you want it to, which is great for those who are a bit ambitious about how they play their simulation games.
Any expansive farm needs a silo for storing bulk materials, which both allows the farmer to have a good spot to store their things in and also for keeping them safe after harvesting. Stardew Valley’s farms are no exception and you can obtain a silo for your farm by fulfilling a few simple requirements!
It can take a while to learn how you can get the silo on your own since the game is not very self-explanatory – so we’ve created an easy guide for you to follow which will save your time and get you started. So, let’s jump right into it!
What is a Stardew Valley Silo?
As briefly mentioned above, Silos are used for storing different kinds of bulk materials in the world of farming. In Stardew Valley, the Silos are used for storing hay for your animals so that it’s easier to feed them.
Normally, your animals will have to go outside for long grass to eat – but this allows you to feed them in seasons that have less grass and also inside places like Barns and Coops.
Each Silo can store up to 240 pieces of Hay and you can obtain the Hay by using a scythe on edible grass – which is added to the Silo automatically if you have one.
While you can add the hay manually inside places like Barns and Coops, this process is changed to automatic if you have Deluxe level buildings which is a great time saver if you’re willing to put in the effort.
An important thing to keep in mind is that every Silo that you will obtain will require a square grid of 3×3 tiles – and yes, this does mean that you can have more than one of them at a time.
How to Get Silo in Stardew Valley
Grab These Deals Before They're Gone 👋
- 27 inches Full HD (1920 x 1080) Curved Widescreen.
- G SYNC and Freesync Compatible.
- 144Hz Refresh Rate.
- 4ms Response time, Pixel pitch:0. 3114mm.
- Lightweight headset with 90-degree rotating ear cups.
- PC, PS4, Xbox One, Switch Compatible.
- Swivel-to-mute noise-cancellation mic.
- HyperX signature headset.
- 15.6-inch FHD, 10th gen core i7.
- 16GB 2933MHz DDR4 , 1 TB PCIe SSD.
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 8GB GDDR6.
- Killer Wi-Fi 6 AX1650i 802.11ax 2x2 WLAN.
You can get a Silo whenever you want in the game as soon as you are familiarized with Robin’s Carpenter Shop and have the necessary items required for purchase. You will need:
- 100 Stone
- 100 Gold
- 5 Copper Bars
- 10 Clay
Once you have all of these materials, you can simply purchase the Silo and as its description says, you will be able to store grass for feed inside of it as soon as you obtain the item.
It’s relatively easy to have the materials required for purchasing a Silo in Stardew Valley, but we’ll give you a rundown in case you’re having trouble collecting some of it:
- For the 100 Stone, you simply need a pickaxe. Then you can smash rocks and you will be able to find and collect stones.
- For the 5 Copper Bars, you will need to find copper ores and a lump of coal. The number of copper ores has to be five, but you only need a single lump of coal. Once you have the items, you can smelt them inside a Furnace which will give you copper bars. If you are unaware of where you can find the copper ores – simply find them in the first 40 floors of the Mines.
- For the 10 Clay, you need to dig inside soil until you begin to find and collect them. Alternatively, tilting soil with a hoe will also provide you with some hay.
- For the 100 gold, you simply have to participate in activities or sell things that give you money.
Once everything is done and you purchase the Silo from Robin in the ‘Construct Farm Buildings’ section – it takes her approximately two days to complete the thing. Once completed, it will be delivered to you and then you can place and use it however you like!
That’s it for our guide on how you can find, buy, and use the Silo in Stardew Valley. We hope that you found the guide useful and we’re here to answer any questions that you might have.
And while you’re around, don’t forget to check out some of our other helpful gaming guides too.