Elden Ring is a game that you can play in a hundred different ways, which is very consistent with how games in the Souls franchise work.
It all falls down to your preferences because you can be a brute, a knight, an assassin, or even a sorcerer – which aren’t the real names of the game’s classes, but they describe the type of roles you can play.
If your playstyle includes spellcasting, then the Black Flame Incantation is a must-have. Not only is it a very effective fireball, but it can also even be charged to the point that it explodes on impact.
And as the name implies, it uses the Black Flame effect on enemies which keeps dealing damage to them even after being initially hit.
So, whether it’s a small-time enemy or a boss with a large health pool, the Black Flame is a great spell to have by your side. And we’re here to tell you of its location so you can add it to your inventory as soon as possible!
Here’s our guide for the location of the Black Flame in Elden Ring!
⚡ Gaming Deals too Good to Pass On ⚡
Elden Ring Black Flame Location
There are two main steps that you need to complete in order to get the Black Flame in Elden Ring.
The first one is to find the Godskin Prayerbook. Which you can obtain through these simple steps:
- You have to visit the Stormveil Castle to obtain the Godskin Prayerbook. The closest Site of Grace is the Liftside Chamber.
- Exit into the courtyard and from there, head to the South side of things until you see stairs that will take you underground.
- Take those stairs and you will find a room guarded by 3 Rats.
- Once you’re past those Rats, you will find a doorway that is blocked by a white fog.
- You have to dispel this white fog and you can do that by using a Stonesword Key on the Imp Statue nearby.
- Once the doorway is opened, you will see a room with a treasure chest in it which contains the Godskin Prayerbook book.
After you have the book, there’s only one more thing to do which will eventually give you the Black Flame.
Head over to Corhyn’s location and make sure that you have 6000 Runes in your pocket so that you can purchase the Black Flame. He can be found in multiple areas, such as the main room in Roundtable Hold, Atlus Highway Junction Site of Grace, Leyndell, and more.
It depends on your story progression, for the most part.
Alternatively, you can also purchase Black Flame from Miriel, Pastor of Vows. This turtle can be found at the Church of Vows.
Once you’re done with these steps, congratulations! You have the Black Flame and you can cast it as an Incantation any time that you like.
It requires 20 Faith, so it’s not even a lot of points required. This means that you can use it quite early on in the game.
We hope you found this guide useful and while you’re still here, make sure you check out many of our other helpful Elden Ring articles too!
- Tarnished Furled Finger Elden Ring Location Guide
- Elden Ring Rivers Of Blood Bug (FIXED)
- Elden Ring Can’t Duplicate Remembrance (Fixed)
- The Best Elden Ring Faith Weapons, Ranked
- The Best Mage Builds in Elden Ring, Ranked
- The Best Elden Ring Dual Wield Weapons, Ranked
- Elden Ring Pyromancy: All Faith Incantations, Spells (Update)