Recently there has been a massive boom in the craze over survival games that make you the boss of your environment and lets you craft and do stuff yourself.
Games like Valheim, Rust, and DayZ are the front runners in this trend, and rightfully so, they are great games.
Rust is a survival game developed by Facepunch Studios and is available on the PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox X, Xbox S, and PC. Though the game was made available as early access in 2013, the game was officially released in 2018.
Since then, it has been the go-to game for survival game enthusiasts.
The game’s core mechanic is pretty simple: you have to survive in a world where every other player is trying to kill you. The game can also be played offline without anyone else entering the map. So basically, you’ll be the only one running around.
This blog post will guide you in every step, and in no time, you will have your own solo expedition off and running!
Grab These Deals Before They're Gone 👋
- 27 inches Full HD (1920 x 1080) Curved Widescreen.
- G SYNC and Freesync Compatible.
- 144Hz Refresh Rate.
- 4ms Response time, Pixel pitch:0. 3114mm.
- Lightweight headset with 90-degree rotating ear cups.
- PC, PS4, Xbox One, Switch Compatible.
- Swivel-to-mute noise-cancellation mic.
- HyperX signature headset.
- 15.6-inch FHD, 10th gen core i7.
- 16GB 2933MHz DDR4 , 1 TB PCIe SSD.
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 8GB GDDR6.
- Killer Wi-Fi 6 AX1650i 802.11ax 2x2 WLAN.
How to Play Rust Offline (Solo)
Rust doesn’t have an option to play offline; so you’ll have to follow some instructions to set up your own server from your PC, and then you can play alone without any hassle.
1. Download Server
Before we proceed, you’ll first need to download the relevant files required.
Then to create a Rust server, you’ll have to download the file from here. Now that you’ve downloaded the .zip file for the server, you’ll need to extract it, and after that simply follow the steps giving below –
- Go to the extracted folder, which will be titled ‘Rust Server’
- Then click on the ‘Run_DS.bat’ and execute it
- The installation will start; just wait for completion.
After the installation is over, start Rust on your PC, but remember to have the server installed first, or else this won’t work.
2. Configure Server
Now that we have successfully installed the server let’s see how to start playing on it!
- Wait for the menu to appear after you start the game
- Next, press ‘F1’, the console will appear.
- In the console, type the following – client.connect localhost:28015
- Simply press enter and wait for the game to start!
And soon, you will be in your Rust server where no other player will be seen; you are the only person playing on this dedicated server.
The whole map will be the same; the animals and all the other loot will also be there; the only difference will be that there will be no players trying to kill you.
Why play Rust in single player mode?
Anyone who has played Rust will know this; if you’re a beginner or just trying to improve your skills at the game, the other players on the map won’t give you any leeway; they will come straight for you and kill you the moment you show weakness.
This makes mastering the game really hard as the competition is really cutthroat; every one that joins a server is trying to win, so no one will bother with a player who is just trying to find his way into the game.
So if you’ve been struggling to get a grasp on the game due to its competitive nature, solo play is for you.
Not only will you be able to scout the map on your own without getting killed or hunted by other players, but you will also learn a lot when you’re not distracted by other players.
This will help you improve your game drastically, so the next time you step onto a Rust server, you’ll be the one killing noobs and not the other way around.