Getting the Godskin Prayerbook gives you the power to wield the black flame – a powerful spell meant to eliminate gods and demigods. If you want to strengthen your Faith build or become part of the Godskin, then you’ll want to consider getting this book.
Prayerbooks are useful for sorcerers and players who enjoy using spells in their adventures. As of now, there are 101 incantations in Elden Ring. There is a plethora of ways to obtain spells in the game such as purchasing them from vendors or looting them in various areas of the map.
However, if you want to unlock the secret ones, you’ll need a prayerbook. This guide tells you everything you need to know about the Godskin Prayerbook in Elden Ring, from its history, where you can get it, to what it does.
What is the Godskin Prayerbook In Elden Ring?
⚡ Gaming Deals too Good to Pass On ⚡
- 32” QHD (2560 x 1440) Display.
- Push the limits of your system like never before.
The Godskin Prayerbook is a special item that unlocks two dark incantations: Black Flame and Black Flame Blade. It belonged to the Godskins, who are humanoids that serve the Gloam-eyed Queen.
The Gloam-eyed Queen raised the Godskins to become god hunters, and she herself wielded the power of Destined Death. With the Black Flame, she could manipulate Destined Death and bring death to inhabitants of the Lands Between, gods, demigods, and even Tarnished.
However, it was locked away by Queen Marika. After her defeat, the power of the black flame was rendered useless against the demigods.
We never meet the Gloam-eyed Queen as her identity remains a mystery, but despite her absence, we know that she made a huge impact as the Godskin continue to roam the Lands Between.
Godskin Prayerbook Location
If you want to get the Godskin Prayerbook, it can be found in Stormveil Castle. Specifically, an underground cellar near the Liftside Chamber site of grace. If you’ve defeated the boss Margit the Fell Omen, then you already have access to this castle.
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to get the Godskin Prayerbook:
- Go to the Rampart Tower site of grace, a place surrounded by explosive barrels.
- Exit through the door and head east, where you’ll see a roof.
- Jump onto the roof. This might take a few tries, just make sure to do a sprinting jump. If you fail, you can always try again using the site of grace.
- Once you drop on the roof, look to your left and find a safe spot to jump mid-way before landing in the inner courtyard to avoid dying from the fall.
- Right away, you will see a door that leads you to the underground cellar straight ahead. Go down the stairs and into the tunnel.
- Be warned, there are lots of rats you’ll have to fight here.
- If you want to get past the fog wall, you’ll need the Stonesword Key. This item can be purchased from various merchants and looted in multiple locations. You can also find it in multiple areas in Stormveil Castle. The nearest one can be looted from a corpse inside a building with a broken roof, which can be accessed from the tip of the Rampart Tower.
- When you enter the fog wall, there’s a chest on the right side of the room that has the Godskin Prayerbook inside. You can also snag the Godslayer’s Seal in the second chest, which is also useful for Black Flame incantations.
Alternative: If you want to start from the Left side Chamber site of grace, you can run through the courtyard and hug the right wall until you find the set of stairs leading down.
However, this path is much more difficult as enemies will follow you into the cellar.
How to Use Godskin Prayerbook In Elden Ring
Now that you have the Godskin Prayerbook, you can go to Brother Corhyn or Miriel, Pastor of Vows to unlock the spells inside it. Pastor Miriel is the easiest to find, as he is an old turtle that stays in one place: the Church of Vows.
If you’ve killed him, then you’ll have to go to Brother Corhyn. He can be found in these locations:
- The main room of Roundtable Hold
- Altus Highway Junction site of grace
- Altus Plateau
- On a cliff outside the Colosseum with Goldmask
- On a bridge located southeast of the Stargazer’s Ruins, in the Mountaintop of the Giants
- Leyndell, Ashen Capital.
Elden Ring Godskin Prayerbook Uses
Giving the Godskin Prayerbook to a cleric unlocks two dark spells: Black Flame and Black Flame Blade.
1. Black Flame
The Black Flame is a spell that throws an explosive black fireball, dealing fire damage upon impact. Enemies that are attacked with it lose 2-5% of their HP. Purchasing it costs 7,500 Runes and it requires you to have 20 Faith to cast this spell. The Black Flame also costs 25 stamina and 18 FP.
2. Black Flame Blade
The Black Flame is a spell that wraps your right-hand weapon in black flame, increasing the weapon’s damage. Enemies that are attacked with it lose 2% of their HP. Purchasing it costs 6,000 Runes and it requires you to have 17 Faith to cast this spell. The Black Flame also costs 10 stamina and 15 FP.
That’s all for our guide on the Godskin Prayerbook in Elden Ring! Prayerbooks are pretty tricky to find in the game, which is why we wrote this guide.
If you managed to find this prayerbook and unlocked the spells within it, congratulations! You can try out these spells in your next adventures and see if they were worth it. If you’re not satisfied, there are a lot more prayerbooks and spells you can find scattered throughout the game.
For more guides on prayerbooks in Elden Ring, you can check out the rest of our articles here.