There are lots of fire-breathing dragons roaming the Lands Between, the vast open world of FromSoftware’s Elden Ring.
But have you ever always wanted to be one as well? Well, the cleric tutors in this universe can teach you how to cast flame incantations and transform into a full-fledged flamethrower. However, you’ll need to give them a certain book to learn those spells.
This book is called the Fire Monks’ Prayerbook, a special item that gives you access to two fire-related spells: O Flame! and Surge, O Flame!
If you want to find out where you can find this cool book and how to use it, this guide tells you everything you need to know about the Fire Monks’ Prayerbook in Elden Ring!
How to Use the Fire Monks’ Prayerbook
⚡ Gaming Deals too Good to Pass On ⚡
This prayerbook belonged to the Fire Monks that use to live in the northern area of the Mountaintops of the Giants. Prayerbooks are key items in Elden Ring that let players buy secret spells, however, players can’t buy them right away after getting the book.
Certain practitioners are interested in these items and will unlock the spells for you in return.
Currently, there are only two tutors who you give the prayerbooks. One is Miriel, Pastor of Vows, a friendly turtle priest that can sell you incantations or teach you everything he knows about Lord Radagon, Lady Rennala, celestial dews, and miracles.
However, the only NPC that is interested in the Fire Monks’ Prayerbook is Brother Corhyn. This character is important for players with Faith builds and those interested in his questline with Goldmask.
Brother Corhyn is one of the first essential players you meet in Roundtable Hold and constantly switches locations depending on where you are in the game’s storyline, which can be pretty annoying. We’ll get to how you can find Brother Corhyn later on in this guide.
Fire Monks’ Prayerbook Location
If you want to find this special book and learn its fiery incantations, you’ll need to enter an enemy camp in South Liurnia. The camp can be found near Lakeside Crystal Cave, it’s small and filled with Fire Monks guarding the area.
These are the exact steps on how to get there:
- The easiest place to start is by getting to the Lake-Facing Cliffs site of grace.
- From there, follow the path south to Liurnia Lake Shore.
- Keep following the trail straight ahead until you see red tents ahead.
- Enter the enemy camp and take out all the Fire Monks.
- Once you get rid of all the enemies, you can now start looting the area. There is a gesture located beside the fireplace in the camp called the Fire Spur Me. You can also find Smoldering Butterflies in the camp.
- Beside one of the tents is a corpse that holds the Fire Monks’ Prayerbook. Loot the body and you’ll get the prayerbook.
Congratulations, you finally got the Fire Monks’ Prayerbook! That wasn’t so hard, right?
If you want to use the prayerbook right away, you’ll have to find Brother Corhyn. This NPC can only teach you the spells in the Fire Monks’ Prayerbook so far. He can usually be found in the main room of Roundtable Hold.
If he’s not there, these are the possible locations he can be found at:
- Altus Highway Junction Site of Grace
- If you tell Brother Corhyn about Goldmask’s whereabouts, he will move to the Altus Plateau.
- When you have unlocked Leyndell, Royal Capital, Brother Corhyn will be on a cliff outside the Colosseum with Goldmask.
- After helping them out, the two will make their way into the Mountaintop of the Giants. You can find them on a bridge located southeast of the Stargazer’s Ruins.
- By the end of his questline, Brother Corhyn will be staying at Leyndell, Ashen Capital.
Fire Monks’ Prayerbook Incantations
If you’re curious about the spells you get with this book, these are the effects of each one and how to use them.
1. O, Flame!
This spell projects powerful flames from the player’s hands for a few seconds and deals Fire damage. It’s stronger than the second spell you get from the prayerbook, but is difficult to use due to its slow casting speed and you can’t cast it while in motion.
You can infuse Endure on this incantation with the Ashes of War or pair it with a Faith Seal like the Erdtree Seal to increase the damage of O, Flame! It can mainly be used to surprise enemies and a follow-up attack.
2. Surge, O Flame!
This spell also lets the player project a powerful surge of flame through their palms for a longer duration.
It can be used while your character is moving and can be cast continuously until there is no more FP left. Don’t let the animation fool you as the range of this spell is actually shorter. Others have noted that the Surge, O Flame! incantation drains more FP than what is advertised.
However, it’s not meant to deal lots of damage. Instead, this fire spell is still great for poise damage to interrupt enemies that are aggressive, which will help you safely attack them.
|FP Cost||1 (1)|
That concludes everything you need to know about the Fire Monks’ Prayerbook in Elden Ring. What do you think about these spells? There are a total of 9 Fire Monk spells you can find and get in the Lands Between.
Other than that, there are 3 more fire-related incantations you can learn. So if you’re not happy with the spells you got with this prayerbook, you have lots of other options in the game.
To find out more about the magic and the world of Elden Ring, check out our other guides down below.