Final Fantasy XV is the latest mainline game in the incredibly long-running Final Fantasy franchise. It had a long, rocky development and fans are often divided over whether the final product is what it should have been – but one thing no one can deny is that it’s full of content.
Whether you’re just speeding through the main story or taking your time with the side quests, the game truly feels like a journey and lasts many hours.
So, naturally, most people want to know how long an RPG like Final Fantasy XV can be before going into it – and we’re here to answer that question for you. However, the game is broken down into different types of content so the answer to how long does it take to beat Final Fantasy 15 needs to be a bit more elaborate. Let’s get started!
Read this: 10 Best Survival Games Like Valheim 2021
How Long Does It Take to Finish Final Fantasy XV Base Game?
The base game means what the game offers you without any additional content added into the calculations – which usually means DLC.
- Final Fantasy XV Main Story – The main story of Final Fantasy 15 can be beaten in 28 hours if you don’t want to do any of the side missions.
- Final Fantasy XV Side Missions – The game lasts for approximately 54 hours if you play the main story and do all of the side missions available to the player as well. This estimate can change a little bit based on the player preference, though, as some players do some side missions and ignore the rest.
- Final Fantasy XV Platinum – Platinum may be a term coined by Sony for the ultimate PlayStation Network achievement, but it’s a good way to describe the completionist playstyle in general. And for Final Fantasy 15, that would be roughly 94 hours.
How Long Does It Take to Finish Final Fantasy 15 DLC Content?
Final Fantasy 15 has 5 story DLCs and 1 co-op one – which all expand on the main game’s narrative.
- Episode Duscae – This DLC lasts a total of 4 hours for the average player, but completionists might find themselves spending around 7 and a half hours on it.
- Episode Gladiolus – This DLC only lasts a single hour and the most a player can stretch it to is 2.
- Episode Prompto – This DLC lasts a total of 2 hours for the average player and completionists might find themselves playing it for roughly 5 hours.
- Episode Ignis – This is another very short DLC, being only 1 hour long. While completionists can stretch it up to 3 hours instead.
- Episode Ardyn – With 2 hours for a normal player, the Ardyn episode can last up to 4 hours if you’re a completionist.
- Comrades – This is a co-op expansion for Final Fantasy 15 and allows players to complete a long set of missions together. It can last up to 25 hours for the average player and completionists can find content worth 65 hours – which is surprisingly bigger than even the base game.
So, there you have it – it takes 28 hours to beat Final Fantasy 15’s story and 54 if you wish to complete almost every single side quest. And additionally, with DLC, you might be looking at over 100 hours by the end of everything that you were doing in the game.