Genshin Impact is one of the best action and adventure games that you can play on your smartphones that features a large open-world to explore too.
Whether you wish to play alone or with friends, the game has tons of content to offer and has console-quality even on the Android and iOS versions of the game.
Unfortunately, it’s not always smooth sailing and players receive an Insufficient Storage Space error that makes it impossible to run the game. This problem persists on both iPhone and Android devices and has not gone away despite the developers releasing many optimization updates.
Worry not – there are several methods that you can try to fix Genshin Impact’s insufficient space errors and we’re going to recommend all of them! By the time you’re done with this guide, the game will be up and running for you once more.
Whether it’s Genshin Impact Error Code 9907 or another similar space problem, you’ll be all good to go. So, let’s get started.
⚡ Gaming Deals too Good to Pass On ⚡
- 31.5 Inch UHD, HDR 10, AMD FreeSync.
- 1TB SSD – 3 x ARGB RING Fans.
- Designed to be thin, & light for gamers.
How to fix Genshin Impact Insufficient Space Errors
Here are the methods that worked for us and many other gamers to fix this problem.
Method 1 – Clear Cache (Android only)
This method is very useful for Android users, and unfortunately, does not exist as an option on the iOS platform.
Open your Android phone’s settings
Once inside, you can either scroll down until you see the ‘Apps’ section or search for it on the search bar that is located on top.
Then, click on ‘Manage Apps’.
Inside, you’ll find a list of apps that are installed on your device. You can both look for Genshin Impact manually or search for it using the search bar on top.
Once you find Genshin Impact, tap on it to open its settings. On the bottom, you’ll see an option that says ‘Clear data’. Simply click on it and allow the process to begin if you’re asked.
Once that’s done, restart the game and let the game download all of the files that it needs. Make sure to leave the game’s screen on, minimizing it can cause problems.
Method 2 – Reinstall Genshin Impact (iOS and Android)
This method is very straightforward and has a great success rate – and it works on both iOS and Android versions of the game.
All that you need to do is to delete the game from your phone and reinstall it from your respective Store.
- Find Genshin Impact on your phone.
- Hold onto its app icon.
- Drag it on top and the ‘Uninstall’ option will appear.
- Drop the game on the ‘Uninstall’ option and then proceed to click Yes/Uninstall when the phone asks.
- Head over to Google Play Store
- Search for Genshin Impact and then download it
- Launch the game and let it download all of its files without exiting the app.
- Find Genshin Impact on your phone
- Hold onto its app icon
- Tap Remove App, and then tap ‘Delete App’
- Confirm the ‘Delete’ button to delete Genshin Impact
- Head over to the App Store
- Search for Genshin Impact and download it
- Launch the game and let it download all files without exiting the app.
Once you’re done with this method, the game should work fine as long as you do have enough space to install it.
Method 3 – Free up phone storage space (iOS and Android)
Sometimes, the developers are right. You might genuinely have insufficient storage space. In that case, freeing up some space is the only thing that you can do. Here are steps you can try following:
- 1. The first thing to try is very simple – get rid of extra apps. We already explained how you can uninstall apps in Method 2, so get rid of everything you don’t need.
- 2. Your pictures and video files might be taking up too much space. Delete those that you don’t need or move them to another source, such as Cloud (iCloud, Google Drive) or a computer.
- 3. Try a cleaner app with a good rating, or use the default one on your phone if one exists. Your phone might have GBs of data leftover by apps that you deleted in the past and cleaning that up will help you update Genshin Impact.
Those are all of the methods that you can try to fix Genshin Impact’s insufficient space errors!
If none of them worked for you, then the game might be incompatible with your device. Try taking it to an expert and see if there are any software issues or updates that you’re missing.
We hope that one of the methods worked for you and that you’re enjoying the game already. While you’re here, make sure to check out some of our other helpful gaming guides too!