Elden Ring is an open-world RPG that gives players a wide variety of armor, weapons, builds, and accessories to choose from. These accessories, called talismans, aren’t just for decorative effect.
They serve a purpose much like the rings in Dark Souls. When worn, these amulets reward you with special boosts depending on which one you get.
Most of them will improve your stats and increase damage or negation, but some have funny features such as giving you the ability to camouflage in other worlds. Although talismans aren’t as critical as other equipment in Elden Ring, they’re still helpful to those who are starting out on the game and don’t have access to the better stuff yet.
One of the talismans you should consider getting is the Graven-School Talisman, which increases your character’s sorcery. If you want to know more about what it does and where you can get it, we have everything you need to know about the Graven-School Talisman in this in-depth guide!
What is the Graven-School Talisman?
The Graven-School Talisman is engraved with the resemblance of mages that have once resided in the academy where the talisman is found.
A dark history lies within this amulet because it symbolizes the mages who have actually been horrifyingly experimented with as part of research on the primeval current, a banned practice in glintstone magic.
The primeval current is forbidden because sorcerers that study it would sacrifice their souls and turn them into stones, very much like Voldemort’s Horcruxes. The Graven Witch is obsessed with this primeval current and has inspired many to follow her journey into becoming one with the stars, hence the name of this talisman.
⚡ Gaming Deals too Good to Pass On ⚡
- Top tier deal.
- Lowest price in 30 days.
- MUX Switch ready.
So, what does this talisman do? The Graven-School Talisman boosts your Sorcery damage by 4%.
It can be paired with the Graven-Mass Talisman, giving you an increased damage buff to Sorcery by +12%. The talisman can also be added to these builds to make them more powerful:
- Frostbite Mage Build
- One Cast Kill Mage Build
- Melee Mage Build.
Graven-School Talisman Location
From the name itself, the Graven-School Talisman can be found at a school called Raya Lucaria Academy. It’s basically a magical school filled with wolves and mages who aren’t exactly welcoming to strangers.
When you reach there, you might find that the gates to the academy are sealed.
Like I said, nobody is exactly welcoming here. Fortunately, there is a way to enter the academy without getting enrolled. In order to break the seal, you’ll need to get the Academy Glintstone Key… behind a sleeping dragon.
This dragon is the Glintstone Dragon Smarag, who likes to eat mages in his spare time. He can be found nesting on Liurnia of the Lakes located to the north of the Temple Quarter.
Behind him is a corpse who looks like it’s about to be his breakfast, but it also holds the key you need to destroy the seal.
Hint: there is also a corpse beside the sealed entrance that carries a map that shows you the exact location of the key itself.
There are two ways to approach Smarag: sneak around him and take the key from the corpse and run, or if you’re feeling chaotic, face the hungry beast and best him. Be warned, Tarnished. This dragon is actually powerful as he has consumed glintstone from all the mages he’s previously eaten.
Once you have successfully slain or evaded Smarag, you can now return to the academy and use the key to wipe out the seal. Now that you have access to the academy town of Raya Lucaria, you can start looking for the Graven-School Talisman.
These are the exact steps you’ll need to follow to find it:
- Enter the south gate of Raya Lucaria where you’ll find the Main Academy Gate site of grace.
- To the left is a giant elevator that will take you straight to Raya Lucaria Academy.
- Head up the staircase and ward off two ungrateful glintstone sorcerers who are unaware that you’ve just rescued them from the Glintstone Dragon.
- Fight off the rest of the swarm inside the academy’s graveyard and take your time.
- From where you entered the graveyard, follow the main trail until you find the rope bridge.
- Take the rope bridge and climb up the hill, you’ll find a building that’s being guarded by a skeleton and a dog.
- Walk through the corridor until you reach an elevator. Get on top of it and jump on a rock ledge, where you’ll meet a skeleton.
- Go through an archway where the Schoolhouse Classroom site of grace is located.
- Right behind the summoning pool near the site of grace is The Great Hall, to the right, there are more unfriendly mages and a Living Jar.
- Ascend the stairs and turn to your right, climb up the next flight of stairs.
- Before the boss wall, there are two bookshelves. Attack the one on the left to unveil a secret passage.
- Inside, climb the ladder to a higher level. Behind a painting propped sideways between a stack of books is a hole that you can jump through.
- To your right, jump through another hole on the floor where you’ll meet a bunch of pot-shaped creatures. Don’t be fooled by their silence, start killing them!
- After taking them all down, you will find the Graven-School Talisman on a pile of glintstone.
Congratulations, you finally have the Graven-School Talisman!
Now that you have the Graven-School Talisman, you can try it out in your next adventures to see if they’re worth it or not.
Either way, there’s a lot of rich history hidden inside it, and you can grab other useful stuff on your way to get the talisman. This item can be easy to miss, that’s why we’ve written a guide on how you can get this handy accessory.
We hope that you managed to find the Graven-School Talisman thanks to our guide. In the meantime, you can check the rest of our Elden Ring guides!