Hogwarts Legacy is an open world roleplaying-game where you can enroll in the school of Witchcraft and Wizardry to learn how to cast new spells and charms.
However, there are unforgivable curses that the school won’t teach you. If you want to go down the sinister path like Voldemort, you’ll have to find a way to learn these forbidden spells yourself.
The wizarding world isn’t all rainbows and unicorns. As we all know, Hogwarts Legacy allows you to embrace your dark side. It has been hinted that Hogwarts Legacy will enable players to delve into the Dark Arts and study some of the most forbidden spells.
If you feel like taking an evil turn, here is everything we know about whether or not you can kill people in Hogwarts Legacy.
⚡ Gaming Deals too Good to Pass On ⚡
- Top tier deal.
- Lowest price in 30 days.
- MUX Switch ready.
So, Can You Kill People In Hogwarts Legacy?
Yes, you can kill people in Hogwarts Legacy. But you can’t kill everyone in the game including students, professors, and civilians. You can’t harm anyone roaming around the Hogwarts campus as they pretty much won’t react to any spell.
You might have seen a few videos and people claiming that you can murder and torture students, even going as far as getting arrested in Azkaban, but performing that action requires a mod.
However, you can hex, charm, do a few curses, and engage in one-on-one duels with fellow students at the Crossed Wands dueling club. But that won’t necessarily kill them. The only people you can kill are hostile enemies like thugs and goblins.
There are plenty of ways to kill them: using basic attack spells like Incendio, using ancient spells, luring them to a ledge, or casting Avada Kedavra. Here’s how you can learn Avada Kedavra.
How to Learn the Unforgivable Killing Curse
Your professors will refuse to teach you any Unforgivable Curse – for a good reason. According to the lore, the Crucio, Imperio, and Avada Kedavra curses are the most powerful forbidden spells.
It’s extremely taboo and illegal that whoever casts them will be sentenced to life imprisonment in Azkaban. Surprisingly, you can cast them in the game with pretty much zero consequence.
The only person who can and will be willing to teach you is Sebastian Sallow, a Slytherin student. You will have to option to learn all three Unforgivable Curses at the “In the Shadow of…” quests, so make sure to say yes when the opportunity arises.
If you want to learn the Avada Kedavra curse, you must start the “In the Shadow of the Relic” quest. This quest will be available after you complete the Lodgok’s Loyalty main questline. Remember that you must be Level 30 in Hogwarts Legacy to start this quest. (NOTE: Spoiler Alert)
- First, head to the catacombs located in the Feldcroft Region and talk to Ominis Gaunt.
- As you enter the Catacomb, you’ll have to defeat swarms of Inferi using fire spells.
- After the cutscene where Sebastian controls the Inferi ends, keep going east until you reach a room with a high platform.
- You’ll have to solve the skeleton puzzle to get up the platform.
- To solve the puzzle, move to the right and use Accio on the upper handle to drop a set of skeletons.
- Use Accio on the bottom handle on the left side to make another set of skeletons fall down.
- Cast Wingardium Leviosa on the skeletons and place it in the center between the slab and the platform to create a half staircase.
- Do the same on the other set of skeletons to complete the staircase.
- When you climb the platform, a cutscene will be triggered and you’ll have to fight Solomon Sallow.
- After Solomon Sallow is defeated, run after Sebastian out of the catacomb.
- Now is your chance to learn Avada Kedavra. Choose the Everyone should know that curse dialogue option then say Yes please when Sebastian offers to teach you the spell.
If you already completed the “In the Shadow of” quests and turned down Sebastian’s offer, don’t worry. You can always ask him to teach you Avada Kedavra in the Undercroft, a secret area hidden in the Defense Against the Dark Arts Tower.
Just make sure you don’t turn Sebastian in for his crimes, otherwise, he’ll be expelled from Hogwarts and you will not be able to interact with him anymore.