The Danganronpa franchise is filled with a large number of characters that are all crucial to understanding the context and overall storyline of the games. There are three games in the series and all of them feature wildly different casts to each other.
Since every game has so many crucial characters and you have to figure out which one of them is committing murders – it’s no surprise that it can get difficult to keep up with who everyone is.
That’s why we’ve created a detailed list of all of the Danganronpa characters so that you can avoid getting confused and not accuse the wrong characters of the murders that plague the game’s school setting.
So, let’s get started and cover all three Danganronpa games’ characters list with their complete names!
Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Characters
The protagonist of Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc is a character called Makoto Naegi who has to figure out who is behind a series of murders.
The game is split into two sections, School Life is for progressing the storyline and Class Trial is where you try to accuse someone of being the murderer.
- Makoto Naegi – Makoto is an ordinary high-school student who is the protagonist of the game – so it’s up to him to figure out who the murderer in school is. It is later revealed in the game that his luck is so bad that it can cancel the good luck of those around him – thus how he won a raffle that allowed him to enter the school.
- Kyoko Kirigiri – She is the heroine of the game and happens to be a person with amnesia. But she’s pretty useful because she has a calm head and good reasoning skills, which makes her a decent companion to have.
- Byakuya Togami
- Toko Fukawa
- Aoi Asahina
- Mukuro Ikusaba
- Alter Ego – An AI program that is left behind by Chihiro, built in the idea of his father. He is a kind of a substitute to Chihiro as he speaks with his voice and personality.
- Celestia Ludenberg
- Hifumi Yamada
- Junko Enoshima
- Yasuhiro Hagakure
- Sayaka Maizono
- Kiyotaka Ishimaru (Called Taka in the English version)
- Leon Kuwata
- Mondo Owada
- Sakura Ogami
- Jin Kirigiri
- Chihiro Fujisaki
Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair Characters
Grab These Deals Before They're Gone 👋
- 27 inches Full HD (1920 x 1080) Curved Widescreen.
- G SYNC and Freesync Compatible.
- 144Hz Refresh Rate.
- Response Time: 4ms, Pixel Pitch: 0. 3114mm.
- Pacrate 7.1 USB Stereo Gaming Headset supports PC, laptops, Mac.
- Virtual Stereo Gaming headset.
- Adjustable microphone with noise-canceling techniques.
- 8-Core 10th Gen Intel Core i7-10875H processor.
- Performance up to 5.1GHz Max Turbo.
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super with Max-Q Design.
The protagonist of Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair is a character called Hajime Hinata, who is starting out his first year at an academy called ‘Hope’s Peak Academy’.
Like the first time around, the mysterious Monokuma shows up and tells students that they need to kill each other if they want a chance at escaping.
- Hajime Hinata – Hajime is the protagonist of the second game and is an amnesic young boy. Over the course of the story, we learn more about his mysterious past which plays a crucial role in determining the fate of the students trapped into the killing game.
- Chiaki Nanami – Chiaki is the heroine of this game and is a laid-back character who is inexperienced and almost always sleepy. But like you and us, she’s really good at playin video games.
- Gundham Tanaka
- Nagito Komaeda
- Nekomaru Nidai
- Peko Pekoyama
- Mikan Tsumiki
- Kazuichi Soda
- Ibuki Mioda
- Hiyoko Saionji
- Natsumi Kuzuryu
- Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu
- Usami (Monomi)
- Akane Owari
- Sonia Nevermind
- Ultimate Imposter – A mysterious character whose information is completely hidden and can pretend to be any other character in the school anytime that he wants.
- Mahiru Koizumi
- Teruteru Hanamura.
Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony Characters
Danganronpa has a completely new cast of characters and they are also students trapped within a school who have to kill others to be able to escape.
The catch is, again, to not ever be caught and executed for being the killer. Although there’s a pretty big plot twist this time around that was received as a mixed bag by fans, with some hating it and some considering it smart.
- Shuichi Saihara – Shuichi is a self-doubting young student who happens to be soft-spoken. Unlike previous protagonists who are average students, Shuichi has prior experience solving murders since he acted as an apprentice to his policeman uncle in the past.
- Kaede Akamatsu – Kaede is a secondary protagonist of the game, who tries very hard to kill the mastermind of the killing game. She is considered a piano freak due to her enthusiasm for playing them, and this is cleverly used later on in the game as a plot point.
- Monokuma – There are a few variations this time, which are called Monotaro, Monodam, Monosuke, Monokid, and Monophanie. They are referred to as the Monokuma Kubs as a whole.
- Maki Harukawa
- Angie Yonaga
- Tsumugi Shirogane
- Kaito Momota
- Gonta Gokuhara
- Miu Iruma
- Kokichi Oma
- Rantaro Amami
- Ryoma Hoshi
- Kirumi Tojo
- Korekiyo Shinguji
- Himiko Yumeno
- Tenko Chabashira.
And that’s the complete list of Danganronpa characters! These are their complete names and while certain characters return for Danganronpa 2, their names have not been repeated to avoid spam.
We hope this guide helped you out, and while you’re here, make sure to check out some of our other helpful gaming guides too!