Gaming is one of the most profitable mediums today and people are realizing its relevancy and entertainment value more and more with each passing day.
While video game consoles and desktop computers are a great way to enjoy gaming, some people prefer more mobility and ease of usage, so they cannot buy something that would force them to be stuck in one place.
So, whether you are someone who is new to gaming and wants to start, or someone who is already a gamer and wants a new laptop that could run all the latest games in 2022 and onward – what you need is a great gaming laptop to fulfill your gaming and mobility needs in one place.
In This Article
- What Makes A Gaming Laptop Great?
- What Are The Best Best Gaming Laptops with 10th Gen Core i7 CPU?
- 1. ASUS ROG Strix G15
- 2. MSI GP65 Leopard 10SFK-047
- 3. HP OMEN 15 Premium Gaming Laptop
- 4. MSI GL65 Leopard 10SFK-062
- 5. Razer Blade 15 Base Gaming Laptop
- 6. Lenovo Legion 5i 17 Gaming Laptop
- 7. AORUS 5 (KB) Gaming Laptop
- 8. Acer Predator Helios 300 Gaming Laptop
Of course, the more you are willing to spend the stronger your machine will be, but a lot of people need to be on a budget and that’s why we’re here to help.
With hundreds of laptops out there, it’s hard to figure out which ones are high-end and durable and which ones are a waste of your money – so we’ve compiled a list of the best gaming laptops with 10th Gen Core i7 CPU under $1500, so you can game under a budget and still get a state-of-the-art piece of hardware.
Before we get started with our list, though, let’s remember the essential things that make a gaming laptop good for the money.
⚡ Our Top 3 Picks ⚡
- 17.3" Full HD Anti-glare LED-backlight
- 8GB high-bandwidth RAM
- 4 x USB 3.1 Gen 1, Type-C.
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070
- Intel Core i7-10750H
- 15.6" 240Hz 3ms FHD IPS Display.
- 15.6" Thin Bezel FHD
- Core i7-10750H 2.6
- 512GB NVMe SSD 16GB.
What Makes A Gaming Laptop Great?
If you are not familiar with the world of computer components, you might see an expensive laptop and assume it should automatically cover everything that you’re looking for.
That is usually true for things related to software, as you will be able to use video editing and programming apps seamlessly and will have a great battery life to go along with it.
However, when it comes to gaming, things are not as simple. You could have the latest processor (CPU) but without a good accompanying graphics card (GPU), you won’t be able to run any modern games that you might see around you.
On the other hand, there are factors such as a low amount of RAM, low hard disk space, and slow processors that can cause issues even if your graphics card is great too.
This is known as a bottleneck, which in layman terms can be described as being a bodybuilder but only having one built arm – an odd analogy but gives you the perfect idea of the concept.
So, to ensure that your laptop is indeed ready for modern-day gaming, you need to make sure that it has a great processor, a powerful GPU, a good amount of RAM, and generous hard disk space. And if a decent SSD is also in the package, then that’s the icing on the cake and will help your operating system and software run much faster.
What Are The Best Best Gaming Laptops with 10th Gen Core i7 CPU?
In our list, you will find only the best-handpicked gaming laptops that have all of the important aspects that we’ve mentioned – so you won’t have to spend your time trying to find them yourself. Without spending any more time talking, let’s get right into the list!
1. ASUS ROG Strix G15
ASUS ROG Strix G15 Features and highlights
The ASUS ROG Strix G15 is the strongest laptop you will get for the under $1500 price and excels in every single department.
A responsive and crystal clear display, one of the strongest GPUs of our time, generous space that is further enhanced by the SSD factor, a silent and cool experience that won’t have any heating issues, and one of the strongest processors that you can currently get your hands on – all for an affordable price that you won’t believe at first glance.
The only competitor this laptop has is the sister model Strix G17, but the only advantage that one has is a slightly bigger display – which is immediately undermined by the fact it is 140Hz and has a 512GB SSD only.
So, with a better display and more space – the G15 is an easy winner and it’s not difficult to see why it’s an amazing choice for anyone who is looking for a great gaming laptop to buy.
On top of everything else, it even looks really good and is easy to carry around. And has RGB lights in its keyboards so if you’re someone who likes getting RGB components, you’ll be saved the trouble thanks to the consideration of ASUS towards its consumers.
- A 240Hz display is a great advantage, which is also IPS
- The Nvidia 2070 is an RTX-enabled card which will run every new game at great settings for a couple of years, and 8GB of VRAM is a ridiculously massive amount of memory
- Upgradeable RAM and storage slots
- Incredibly recent CPU generation
- Stays cool despite heavy usage
- 1TB SSD, which is great for space and performance both
- RGB Keyboard.
- Only 15.6” inch display.
Why we recommend it: This laptop is a personal favorite of ours due to its great gaming capabilities and convenience of use. From the dozens of laptops, we checked, the ASUS ROG Strix is easily the number one contender for this price range and will fulfill every need of yours.
2. MSI GP65 Leopard 10SFK-047
MSI GP65 Leopard 10SFK-047 Features and highlights
The MSI GP65 Leopard is an excellent gaming laptop that has one of the most recent and powerful CPU and GPU which combine to be a great combo that will seamlessly run the latest games for several years to come, and will perfectly run everything that has been released so far on high-end settings.
On top of that, the display has a smooth 144Hz refresh rate which will perfectly sync up with your high framerates and give you the best picture quality you could ask for.
If you’re looking for mobility and a sleek design, you should consider getting this laptop for your gaming needs. There’s also the added bonus of an RGB keyboard on top of everything else so you can save yourself the effort of manually modding it yourself.
- The Nvidia 2070 is an RTX-enabled card which will run every new game at great settings for a couple of years, especially due to its gigantic 8GB VRAM which is very powerful
- 144Hz 3ms display that is IPS-level – which guarantees a quick refresh rate and displays higher framerates smoothly
- Built-in SD reader, saves the effort of buying a card-reader
- RGB Keyboard
- Incredibly recent CPU generation
- Upgradeable RAM and storage.
- 512 SSD, no secondary storage by default.
Why we recommend it: MSI GP65 Leopard is a particularly sleek laptop that provides you with a great deal of state-of-the-art features but without sacrificing its display quality or being overweight – which is a great thing to look for when it comes to mobility.
3. HP OMEN 15 Premium Gaming Laptop
HP OMEN 15 2020 Premium Gaming Laptop Features and highlights
HP Omen 15 is hands down one of the strongest contenders as a gaming laptop in an already oversaturated market. Its 300Hz IPS display is going to blow anyone’s mind with how crystal and fluid it is, while the 6GB of VRAM with its RTX 2060 card is guaranteed to provide you the highest framerates in all of the latest games while every texture looks amazing.
It has most features that others are offering in this price range, such as an RGB keyboard, a built-in SD card reader, and so on.
However, the two things that greatly set it apart besides the particularly good display, are the long battery timings and the significantly lighter weight which makes it perfect for mobility – which is surprising for a laptop that is not any less powerful than the rest.
- 300Hz IPS display, which is the best quality you can find in this price range
- Nvidia 2060 RTX enabled graphics card that has 6GB of RAM
- RGB keyboard
- Particularly lightweight compared to other gaming laptops
- Great battery timing compared to similar gaming laptops
- Built-in SD card reader, so you won’t have to use any external sources
- 512GB SSD, no secondary storage by default.
Why we recommend it: The HP Omen 15 is one of the best gaming laptops with a 10th Gen Core i7 CPU under $1500 and is far stronger than many others that cost slightly more and claim to be great for gaming. The high-end processor, as well as 6GB of VRAM, make it run almost anything you have on maxed-out settings, and will undoubtedly continue to do so for a long time. Not only that, but it’s also very lightweight – being nearly 3 pounds lighter than most other laptops on this budget.
4. MSI GL65 Leopard 10SFK-062
MSI GL65 Leopard 10SFK-062 Features and highlights
The MSI GL65 Leopard is the sister model to the MSI GP65 Leopard gaming laptop but is slightly lower in price and interestingly only lacks the SD-card reader in comparison. The IPS-level 144Hz display is ridiculously good and for the price, you will be getting it for, it almost over-delivers.
The CPU and GPU are both top-notch and will take years before you would have to lower your graphics settings in any of the games, and the GPU being RTX enabled further contributes to the matter.
So, if you want to save a little bit but still want almost everything else the GP65 model had, this is the gaming laptop you want to go for.
- Nvidia RTX 2070 with 8GB of VRAM, which is more than enough for any modern game to run at very high settings, and will continue to do so for a few more years
- One of the most recent and extremely powerful generations of processors, which guarantees a long life of high-end speed and durability
- Upgradeable RAM slot
- IPS-level 144Hz display which is one of the best ones you can ever find for laptop screens and will provide crystal clear picture quality.
- 512GB SSD with no secondary storage
- No SD-Card reader or disk drive, so your options will have to be external.
Why we recommend it: This gaming laptop is an interesting mixture of hardware and offers this specific build for the lowest price you will find in the market. It runs everything smoothly and its display syncs up every single frame as perfectly as you’d expect, providing you the best refresh rate to go with your maxed-out video game graphics.
5. Razer Blade 15 Base Gaming Laptop
Razer Blade 15 Base Gaming Laptop Features and highlights
Most gaming laptops that are ready for gaming are from 6.5 to 9 pounds on average, so that gives the Razer Blade 15 a gigantic advantage for people that prefer having mobility and would want something thinner and lighter to hold.
The laptop cleverly leaves out features to have less weight which you can easily expand with the right external upgrades, so you still get the 10th generation i7 CPU you’re looking for and an above-average Nvidia GTX 1660 Ti to live with it.
If you’re willing to accept the shortcomings, you will have a great gaming laptop by your side that even a toddler can lift without breaking a sweat.
- IPS 144Hz display, which is great for high-FPS gaming
- Extremely lightweight, more than any other laptop in the list that can still run the latest games. Sitting at 3.84 pounds, it’s approximately 5.5 less pounds than the average gaming laptop in this budget.
- Nvidia GTX 1660 Ti – which is not the most powerful card you can get in 2020 and onward, but it’s a fair sacrifice for the mobility
- State-of-the-art 10th Gen Core i7 CPU for the fastest and most powerful processing power.
- Remains cool despite the light weight and high specifications
- Chroma RGB Lighting.
- 256GB SSD, which will barely have two modern games in it at a time. External drive recommended
- No built-in SD-Card reader or disk drive, so your options will have to be external which is a bummer because of the lack of good storage too.
Why we recommend it: This gaming laptop defines the word mobility. It’s the lightest laptop that we could find that has the 10th generation of processors and a good GPU, and its 144hz display is absolutely crisp to look at. It lacks power and has incredibly low storage space, but not everyone wants to hold 9-pound machines so, for people that want something very thin and light to handle, this is the way to go.
6. Lenovo Legion 5i 17 Gaming Laptop
Lenovo Legion 5i 17 Gaming Laptop Features and highlights
The Lenovo Legion 5i 17 is arguably one of the weaker laptops on this list, but its drop in price and lightweight make up for the things lost. It will run almost every modern game on 1080p easily and with high settings, and its general processing power will contribute to the framerates without a doubt.
This laptop is very useful for people who don’t want to buy the machine only for gaming, as its large screen will make tasks such as picture and video editing easier since they’re all about visuals.
However, if you’re only looking to the game then this laptop might not be for you due to its lower specs and you should consider trying one of the other options.
- 17.3” IPS display, which is unusual for a gaming laptop in this price range as the standard is 15.6”
- SD-card reader, so you won’t have to get anything external for that purpose
- 6.5 pound in weight, which is lower than most other gaming laptops
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 Ti, which is a decent card and can run most modern games in full HD.
- 10th gen i7 CPU which provides some of the highest processing speed modern computers have to offer.
- While larger than usual and still IPS, the display only has a refresh rate of 60Hz. So, it’s a question of whether you want the size or the sync.
- 512GB SSD, no secondary storage by default
- The GPU has 4GB VRAM, which is fair for the drop in price compared to other gaming laptops in this price range but might struggle after a few years in higher settings
- Only 8GB of RAM, which is not bad but seems weak in comparison to its competition.
Why we recommend it: This laptop is over $250 cheaper than the average $1500 gaming laptop, but provides you with almost every feature that they offer. You won’t be maxing out games or running RTX, but it will run almost every modern game in Full HD and decent settings for the next few years – which is good enough. Its 17.3” IPS display is also a good change from the usual 15.6” displays majority of the competitors have, if you’re into bigger screens.
7. AORUS 5 (KB) Gaming Laptop
AORUS 5 (KB) Gaming Laptop Features and highlights
AORUS 5 (KB) has everything that a gamer can look for within a gaming laptop – a high-end processor in the 10th generation paired with a high-end GPU that is RTX-enabled.
You will be gaming for years on the highest settings without a worry in the world since even the RAM is DDR4 dual-channel 16GB. However, those things aren’t what sets it apart from the competition, it’s the mobility.
The laptop is extremely lightweight but does not leave out any features that you need, so it’s the perfect choice for any gamer to get.
- 144hz IPS display which is crystal clear to look at and perfectly syncs up with your high-framerate gaming
- Only 4.85 pounds in weight, which is one of the most lightweight gaming laptops on the list and below average by nearly 4 pounds
- Nvidia RTX 2060 which is sitting at 6GB of VRAM, it’s more than enough for the highest settings in games and will last you years of modern games running at high-framerates
- 10th generation i7 CPU that will provide you the fastest processing power for general usage, and a powerful combination with the GPU
- SD-card reader is integrated, so you won’t need to buy any external gadgets
- Remains very cool thanks to the WINDFORCE Cooling system.
- The usual issue, only a 512GB SSD which means you will have to spend money on external storage for proper gaming.
Why we recommend it: The AORUS 5 is easily one of the best gaming laptops with 10th gen Core i7 CPU under $1500, and also has one of the strongest GPUs available for modern gaming. On top of that, it has a 144Hz IPS display and is extremely lightweight, sitting at 4.85 pounds only which is impressive for a gaming laptop with high-end specs. It’s amazing in terms of mobility and that’s what sets it apart.
8. Acer Predator Helios 300 Gaming Laptop
Acer Predator Helios 300 Gaming Laptop Features and highlights
The Acer Predator Helios 300 has one of the strongest CPU and GPU that you can find in the $1500 price range of gaming laptops and lets you max out the latest games in full HD.
It has an upgradeable drive slot which will let you add a whole lot of storage without resorting to anything external – which also makes it great for non-gaming purposes, especially since it’s sitting at 16GB of RAM and is very lightweight to carry.
The display is another easy win since it’s IPS and 144Hz, so you won’t have any drawbacks regarding the refresh rate. It’s a great deal through and through and perfect for any gamer looking for an affordable laptop.
- The cheapest laptop on the list, but is packed with every feature that makes it a high-end gaming laptop
- State-of-the-art 10th generation Core i7 processor that make processing as fluid as possible
- Nvidia RTX 2060 with 6GB of VRAM allows the laptop to run the latest video games on high settings and will continue to last you years of durability
- 144Hz 3ms IPS display which matches the fluidity of everything else on the laptop and delivers beautiful picture quality
- RGB keyboard
- Upgradeable storage slot that can hold two drives in at once.
- 512GB SSD with no secondary storage, but the price and ability to have a second drive make up for it.
Why we recommend it: The best price, convenient weight, and features that are mostly on par with the most expensive laptops in this list make the Acer Predator Helios 300 an extremely strong contender for gamers. The display, the CPU, the GPU, the RAM, and the mobility, are all top-notch and undoubtedly a steal for the price provided.
There we have it, that was our guide for the best gaming laptops with 10th gen Core i7 CPU under $1500 and we hope you found your perfect match.
If you have any questions or opinions, let us know in the comments below and while you’re here, don’t forget to check out some of the other helpful gaming guides on our website.
More Gear Guides On GB: